Provisional Psychologist – Outlook Psychology Practice – Nhulunbuy
- Full time contract
- Opportunity to work in and experience the communities
- Relocation assistance offered
Why Outlook Psychology Practice?
Outlook Psychology Practice have a consistent source of referrals for children, adolescents, and adults, with the opportunity to work with couples and families if desired. They are a supportive and friendly practice, where work/life balance is prioritised, and flexible working arrangements are given.
What’s in it for you?
- Accommodation allowance-partly furnished, subsided accommodation as per employment agreement
- $500 flight voucher per working year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent salary package
- Available relocation support
What’s the role?
Outlook Psychology Practice are looking for provisional psychologist to join our growing private practice in Nhulunbuy, Arnhem land Northern Territory. We have a consistent source of referrals for children, adolescents and adults, and there are also opportunities to work with couples and families if desired.
- Provide high quality psychological assessment and intervention for clients within the context of Primary Health Care in a professional, confidential and culturally safe manner, in keeping with accepted best practice standards. This will include clinic-based appointments and school base appointments
- Provide evidence-based interventions (CBT, ACT, trauma therapy) to a range of clients across the lifespan, with cultural consideration and understanding of remote living
- Conduct a range of assessments, including but not limited to intelligence, academic achievement, memory, personality, mental health, and trauma
- Monitor patients for critical changes and initiate appropriate emergency procedure in partnership with acute care providers and medical specialists as indicated
- Relate to people in a manner which is culturally relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning and provide services in a friendly manner
Is this the right role for you?
Not limited to but before you apply, we need you to have:
- The successful applicant must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent qualification) in Psychology with provisional registration as a psychologist, general registration as a Psychologist, or registration with endorsement as a Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) – Psychology Board of Australia
- Current membership (or eligibility and willingness to gain membership) of the Australian Psychological Society and demonstrated ability to comply with the profession’s code of ethics and practice in accordance with legislation affecting psychology practice for maintenance of registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Current Ochre Card (Working with Children and young people) or willingness to apply for an Ochre Card
- Current Criminal History Check
- Public Liability Insurance/ Practising Insurance
If you are an experienced Psychologist seeking change or an opportunity for career development apply today by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about this unique opportunity or to find out about other opportunities within the Allied Health Industry in the Northern Territory similar to this, please contact Brie Culph on 08 8982 1056 for a confidential discussion.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!Apply Now