- Base Salary: $104,949 – $130,045 (based on experience and clinical endorsement)
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Professional development opportunities
headspace centres and services operate across Australia, in metro, regional and rural areas, supporting young Australians and their families to be mentally healthy and engaged in their communities. headspace provide tailored and holistic mental health support to 12 – 25 year old’s, with a focus on early intervention, to help get them back on track and strengthen their ability to manage their mental health in the future.
What’s in it for you?
Working with headspace not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Competitive salaries (total effective package: $129,239 – $157,266)
- Salary packaging available
- Six weeks’ annual leave
- District allowance and remote benefits
- Access to health services for you and your family at no cost
What’s the role?
The Psychologist / Clinical Psychologist is responsible for providing psychological assessment and therapeutic services to clients presenting with a broad range of issues relating to mental health, domestic violence, alcohol and substance misuse and trauma. Remote travel is an inherent requirement of this position.
The Clinical Psychologist provides professional clinical supervision to other therapeutic staff, including staff completing supervised practice.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Delivering evidence based and culturally safe and responsive interventions for a range of disorders, including substance abuse, mood disorders and trauma
- Traveling to remote communities, including occasional overnight stays, to provide psychological services and training
- Applying professional judgement to a complex caseload and contributing to the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols
- Accessing contemporary knowledge of clinical practice standards including any that relate to Aboriginal social and emotional wellbeing service delivery
Is the role right for you?
Working at headspace, you’ll be supported in a diverse and flexible work environment that encourages professional development and structured clinical support. headspace are looking for someone who has the drive to focus on continuous improvement and having a daily impact on improving people’s lives.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Minimum of a four-year APAC accredited course with full general registration with AHPRA (Psychologist) / Master’s degree or higher in Clinical Psychology with full registration with AHPRA and Clinical Endorsement (Clinical Psychologist)
- Eligibility to apply for a Medicare Provider Number and bill for services rendered
- Demonstrated experience in completing comprehensive psychological assessments, diagnosis, case formulation with current evidence of the ability to work effectively with complex psychological presentations, including substance use, using evidence-based practice
- Knowledge of mental health best practice in relation to prevention, early identification, treatment and rehabilitation and a proven capacity to deliver innovative, quality client services within professional and service timeframes
- Awareness of Aboriginal culture within Australia’s history, knowledge of cultural sensitivities and current issues affecting the lives of Aboriginal people in conjunction with a willingness to incorporate Aboriginal values into clinical practice
- Current NT Working with Children Check (Ochre Card) and satisfactory Criminal History Check
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is a small town of just 29,000 people located in the Red Centre of Australia, also known as the spiritual heartland of the country. With its dusty red earth, friendly locals and plunging skyline, you’ll not be disappointed by this vibrant remote town that punches way above its weight.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Tom Richmond on 08 8982 1070 orApply Now