- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team which delivers general and acute care
- Remote travel to communities
- Competitive salary with 6 weeks annual leave
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (Wurli) is looking for a Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner or Registered Nurse who has a minimum of 7 years’ clinical experience to become a Quality & Clinical Care Education Support Manager in the Katherine Region of the Northern Territory.
Why Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service?
Wurli is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
What’s in it for you?
Wurli offer generous working conditions including:
- Competitive annual salary of $135,361 – $145,769
- 6 weeks annual leave plus leave loading
- Training and career development opportunities including study leave provisions
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Continuous CPD opportunities
What’s the role?
The Quality & Clinical Care Education Support Manager is responsible for instilling and maintaining high level clinical practice within Wurli. This position works closely with the Primary Health Care Leadership Team in areas such as risk management, accreditation/compliance, and effective client care coordination through ensuring the structures and systems for delivering comprehensive health care are adhered to.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Being accountable for designing and implementing the induction to the clinical practices of Wurli employed clinicians and allied health staff
- Identifying minimum standards, assessing competency against agreed standards and providing support and training for any identified deficiencies
- Evaluating needs and identifying gaps or changes required to ensure sound, compliant comprehensive PHC services are maintained and delivered
- Reviewing, strengthening and implementing systems for holistic and person-centred care coordination for Wurli’s clients
- Participating in the development and implementation of effective health promotion interventions and capacity building strategies
- Ensuring Wurli’s PHC practice is producing services in accordance with compliance requirements and community needs
Is the role right for you?
To be successful in the Quality & Clinical Care Education Support Manager role, it would be highly desirable if you had held a previous senior leadership role in a community-controlled organisation and have a clear understanding of the obligations of the funding, organisational governance, clinical governance, and systems to support quality, client focused and compliant primary health care.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Full Registration as an ATSI Primary Health Practitioner or Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care / Bachelor of Nursing
- Minimum of 7 years broad clinical experience / previous experience in a clinical leadership or supervisory role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of indigenous societies and culture, including issues effecting indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities
- National Police Records Check, Working with Children’s Clearance and Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
What’s it like living in Katherine?
Katherine is a wonderful, family-friendly place to live, with access to some of the most spectacular national parks and cultural experiences right at your door, and Darwin is only a 3 hour drive away. Katherine is a dynamic regional centre with fantastic educational and recreational facilities, and private and government schooling to year 12. Situated 20kms from the Nitmiluk National Park and the spectacular Gorge systems as well as the Arnhem Land escarpment, the Katherine region is full of rich indigenous culture and heritage.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please call 08 8982 1011 or email email@example.com