- Full-time, fixed-term contract
- Impact on the health and wellbeing of Darwin’s indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what they do
Why Danila Dilba Health Service?
Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. They aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of their clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
What’s in it for you?
- Highly supportive career development opportunities
- Education and relocation support grants for eligible candidates
- Opportunity to work within an experienced, dedicated and multidisciplinary team
- Impact on closing the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing
- Ongoing full-time employment.
What’s the role?
- Direct caseload, support survivors to make an application to the National Redress Scheme
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies designed to meet organisational objectives
- Participate with external stakeholder organisations for the purpose of making appropriate client referrals, providing appropriate support where required
- Provide one to one individual counselling support
- Work collaboratively with other services to identify and address services gaps and client needs.
Is this the right role for you?
Not limited to but before you apply, we need you to have:
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology or Social Work, Counselling or have substantial similar experience working in the child sexual abuse and trauma field
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity of Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families, youth and adults and those affected by Stolen Generations’ policies and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues relating to sexual assault, particularly institutional child sexual assault, and how they may impact on victim’s lives and community attitudes about sexual assault.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now or give Tom a call on 08 8982 1070 to find out more.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!