- Miwatj is one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare
- Miwatj is engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level
- Miwatj is seeking a Remote Area Nurse to provide Women’s health nursing practice
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (Miwatj Health) are seeking a Registered Child Health Nurse to join their team in Galiwinku, Northern Territory.
Miwatj Health is an independent, Aboriginal-controlled health service administered by a Board of Directors representing communities across East Arnhem Land. Miwatj anticipates that the next decade will see great progress in tackling the most important risk factors for Aboriginal health in this region.
What’s in it for you?
- Fixed term through to the 15th July 2022
- Excellent salary of $110,606 to $118,826 PA (dependent on skills and experience)
- Salary sacrificing of $15,900 p/a
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Relocation package to eligible candidates
- Accommodation and vehicle supplied
- Discover breathtaking landscapes and spectacular views
What’s the role?
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full time opportunity. Based in Galiwinku, you will be working closely with the Aboriginal workforce which is critical to clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with clients and the team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances. Core aspects of your role will include:
- Provision of child health programs for children and young people (0-15 years of age).
- Follow CARPA guidelines and “Healthy Under 5’s program” to provide wellness checks, developmental assessments and immunisations to children and babies in the targeted communities.
- Assess, diagnose and treat common childhood illnesses as guided by CARPA.
- Undertake comprehensive family assessments to determine what type and level of support from the CMHT would be suitable and if any other teams from Miwatj or other required agencies.
- Provide young people with sexual health, drugs and volatile substance lifestyle choice education and clinical care.
- Involvement in primary health education sessions within the community.
- Improve the prevention, early detection and treatment of illness and disease for Aboriginal mothers and children in the target Miwatj communities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the Miwatj multi-disciplinary team and other service providers within Government and Non-government sectors.
- Document the provision of care accurately using the Communicare electronic data systems.
- Follow Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures to ensure safe services and workplaces.
Is this role right for you?
We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse and in possession of a current practicing certificate.
- Qualification in, working toward or willingness to gain tertiary Child and Family Health credentials
- Accredited vaccine provider in the N.T.
- Possession of current CPR certificate.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a remote area nurse/primary health care nurse in a clinical setting.
- Possess broad nursing experience in independently providing care of excellence to Aboriginal families especially children within the 0 – 15 years of age.
- Demonstrated experience in working harmoniously within a multidisciplinary team.
- Possess excellent communication skills verbal, written, interpersonal and professional.
- A demonstrated understanding of the risk factors underlying the health status of Aboriginal women of childbearing age and children in remote areas.
- Possess qualities which contribute to the success of the position including; commitment, reliability and the ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the use of computerized Patient Information and Recall Systems.
- Current manual drivers licence.
- Current working with children check (Ochre card) or willing to obtain.
- Criminal history check dated within 6 months or willing to obtain.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com