- Nurses Award 2010 Level 2 $84,254 – $88,490 (pro rata)
- Part time (0.6FTE), Maximum term contract until 30 June 2023
- 7-day rotating roster as per the operational requirements of the service
Why Head to Health?
Head to Health provides short to medium term targeted care and support for adults experiencing a crisis or in significant distress. Head to Health also provides in-house assessments, psychoeducation, and deliver support to access community based, primary and tertiary services. The Registered Nurse is an integral member of the team and will draw on their knowledge of recovery from mental illness and crisis intervention to instil confidence and hope in others about the journey of recovery.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Head to Health not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Comprehensive Learning and Development training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What’s the role?
The Nurse will work within a multidisciplinary team to deliver a range of services to adults experiencing emotional distress, crises, mental ill health and/or addiction, and to their families. This role will support people and carers through a “no wrong door” approach. The Centre will provide a holistic approach to care, addressing a range of social, physical, and emotional needs, informed by the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) and supported by best practice in evidence-based and evidence informed care. The Centre adheres to the principles of the Gayaa Dhuwi (Proud Spirit) Declaration and will work with the Larrakia Nation in the development and delivery of services to ensure culturally safe services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Engage consumers, using a strengths-based approach to complete a health status measurement and needs assessment
- Engage with the mechanisms for monitoring, compliance, and review of clinical risk management. Plan, assess, implement, and evaluate all components of the consumer care plan
- Undertake brief Interventions when required and initiate referrals to appropriate internal and external services
- Consideration of individual and aggregated consumer data to inform practice and continuous service improvement
- Ability to lead and take direction from the Clinical Service Manager to ensure that care is delivered in line with policies and protocols
Is this the right role for you?
What will see you thrive in this role is having relevant clinical experience working within a rehabilitation/recovery setting, knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues, and of the recovery model, and the ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet program goals and objectives.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Registration as a Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) and a current Certificate of Registration
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mental health practice and a relevant post-registration and or tertiary qualification in mental health nursing is highly desirable
- Current or the ability to obtain a Northern Territory Working with Children Check (Ochre card) and satisfactory criminal record check
- A valid Northern Territory Driver’s licence
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com