- Relocation Assistance
- Fully furnished accommodation, including all utilities, landline and internet
- Professional Development Allowance
Ampilatwatja is governed by a Board made up of local Alyawarre people who have been elected by the community. We aim to treat all patients with dignity and respect. While we are committed to the promotion of health, wellbeing and disease prevention without discrimination, our specific goal is to provide and be recognised as providing high quality, efficient and effective primary health care and related services.
What’s in it for you?
- Remote Area Leave – one additional week of leave for every 12 weeks worked
- Overtime and On-call Allowance
- Generous Retention Bonus after 12 months service
- Six weeks annual leave, plus 17% leave loading
- One return flight per annum to your original place of residence
What’s the role?
The position of Remote Area Nurse is responsible for specialist community and primary health care nursing services that focuses on the prevention, early detection, and management of health problems for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The role will entail service delivery from designated primary clinic locations and outreach services, under limited supervision.
- Administer immunisation programs for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women, babies, and children
- Provide treatment and care to patient under the direction of the doctor including immunization of children under five years old against childhood diseases as directed by the doctor.
- Treatment of wounds and other clinical procedures as directed by the doctor.
- Provide effective first point of medical engagement including, triage assessments, taking medical history/detail, assignment of patient, completion of preliminary procedures
Is the role right for you?
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions).
- Experience with remote indigenous communities (highly desirable)
- Current unrestricted NT driver’s license and the ability to drive a manual 4WD.
- Maternity Emergency Care Certification (MEC)
- Remote Emergency Care Certification (REC)
What’s it like living in Barkley Region?
Ampilatwatja Health Centre Aboriginal Corporation is in the heart of Alyawarr country on the Sandover Highway. Ampilatwatja (pronounced um-bludder-witch), is the largest of three communities under the Aherrenge Association. The population of this remote Aboriginal community is subject to a large degree of fluctuation with movements related to cultural practices. The language spoken at the community is Alyawarr and there are up to 650 residents. Access is by road via Alice Springs and takes approximately 4 hours. Ampilatwatja Is d dry community with no alcohol permit system and this by-law is very strictly enforced by community.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please call Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002.Apply Now