- Excellent salary (RN4 level) and based in West Arnhem Land
- Work with a committed and passionate team
- Participate in professional development and community activities
Why Mala’la Health Service?
Mala’la Health Service is a respected & accredited Aboriginal Corporation providing services to the seaside community of Maningrida (520 km east of Darwin), with a population of approximately 2,800 people. These services include Primary Health Care, Youth Services, Aged & Community Care, Community Wellness, Drug & Alcohol Services and Stronger Communities for Children.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a wonderful lifestyle and a rewarding career, Mala’la Health Service Aboriginal Corporation offers an excellent range of employment benefits including:
- Excellent salary with salary sacrifice options
- 6 weeks of annual leave per annum, plus 17.5% leave loading
- Fully subsidised accommodation
- Relocation assistance and travel allowance available to eligible candidates
What’s the role?
Mala’la Health Service provides Primary Health Care services to Maningrida and surrounding homelands under a Community Control model. They have multiple nursing roles available and currently seeking Remote Area Nurses with interest/experience in chronic disease and acute emergency care.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Work within the Primary Health Care Programs in partnership with the multi-disciplinary team to provide high quality prevention and treatment
- Provide a culturally safe, competent and comprehensive care
- Develop and maintain a strong referral pathway
- Work with the broader team including external agencies
- Participate in the on call roster provided by Maningrida Health Service
Is the role right for you?
To be a successful Remote Area Nurse, you will be able to promote and provide comprehensive, culturally appropriate client centered care to the people of Maningrida Community, and work collaboratively with other stakeholders in Maningrida. Whilst an Understanding of Aboriginal culture, or a willingness to learn, is helpful, what will really see you thrive in this position is effective communication and software skills and a capacity to live in a remote community.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current Practicing Certificate from Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years broad nursing experience post registration and 3 years working in a primary health related field in a remote context
- Qualifications and experience directly related to the relevant role, preferably in a community setting
- Current Advanced Life Support, Remote Emergency Care and About Giving Vaccines qualifications (or equivalent)
- Current driver’s licence, satisfactory criminal history check and NT Ochre card
- Proven high level of clinical assessment and problem solving skills, interpersonal communication and conflict resolution
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of primary health care and understanding of how the social determinants effect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations
What’s it like living in Maningrida?
Maningrida is a remote Aboriginal community in West Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, with a population of approximately 2,800 people. It is located approximated 520 km east of Darwin and boasts a beautiful seaside location steeped in history and culture with traditional landowners being the Kunibidji people.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Lauren Golotta on 08 8982 1011 orApply Now