About the Opportunity
Under new management, the Urapunjta Health Service (UHS) is seeking two highly skilled and enthusiastic Remote Area Nurse’s (RAN) for a 12 month plus contract. Not only will you receive outstanding benefits and working conditions, you’ll likely undergo one of the most challenging, exciting and amazing experiences of your life. You will be immersed in Aboriginal culture, health and wellbeing, with the added thrill of working in collaboration with many service providers including the celebrated Royal Flying Doctors. Your key responsibility (but not limited to) is providing the highest standard of nursing care to the First Nations people of Utopia Homelands.
You will love the amazing benefits
UHS proudly offers some of the most attractive RAN employment and living conditions in Australia. If you decide to come join us for 12 months or more, you will enjoy these amazing benefits:
- Base Salary starting at $111,286
- Plus 24% – 32.5% pa on call allowance
- Up to 8% in retention bonuses
- Annual Salary increases of 2.25%
- Travel Allowance if/when required paid at ATO determination rates
- Salary Sacrifice; including Everyday Living, Meals and Entertainment, Electronic Devices and Superannuation
- 12 rostered days off p.a
- 6 weeks annual leave p.a
- 4 weeks Remote Area Leave p.a
- 2 weeks study leave p.a
- Professional Development
- Flights to and from place of origin
- Relocation contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vehicle access subject to approval
Free Accommodation in the Urapuntja Health Precinct
- Comfortable 1 or 2 bedroom fully furnished house
- Situated in their beautiful and quiet Ghost Gum country
- Free mobile broadband and landline phone service
- Free utilities including power and water
- Fenced yard
- Pets permitted
- Employee Entitlements are subject to the Urapuntja Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2018-2022.
To be considered for a RAN role with UHS:
- Sound understanding of the challenges a RAN faces; working and living in a remote area
- Demonstrated ability to practice in a culturally safe and appropriate manner
- Respect for Aboriginal culture and/or the willingness to engage and learn
- Participate in the on-call roster to meet community emergency needs
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Sound and well established primary health care skills
- Firm ability to maintain electronic patient databases such as Communicare
- Current NT ‘C’ Class drivers licence with demonstrated skills to drive on unsealed roads
- Strong respect and support for fellow workers, the desire to step up when required and work as a team player
- Undertake other responsibilities as reasonably requested by the Clinic Manager in accordance with your skills and qualifications
- National Police Clearance (within 3 months), approved COVID-19 vaccination and Ochre Card is mandatory for these positions
- Two for One applications are encouraged and welcomed (partnered positions).
Footprint and Facilities:
Urapuntja Health Service (UHS) is unique, in that it delivers outreach services to sixteen Outstations spread across 3,230sq/km weekly. UHS is the administrative body responsible for Health, Social and Emotional Wellbeing service delivery to the Anmatyerre and Alyawarra speaking people, living on the Angarapa and Alyawarra Land Trusts. UHS provides these services to a population of approximately 600 to 1000 permanent residents.
- UHS is located 270 kilometres NE of Alice Springs
- Sixteen Out-Clinics spread across over 3,000 sq/km
- Modern Central Health Clinic servicing up to 1,000 residents
- Large Central Social and Emotional Wellbeing Centre/ Precinct servicing up to 1,000 residents which includes gym, mens and womens centre, garage, consultation and training rooms, cinema room, recreation areas, commercial kitchen, plus much more.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org