- Salaries starting at $112,905
- Relocation Assistance
- Accommodation Provided
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Congress are one of the most experienced Aboriginal primary health care services in the country, a strong political advocate of closing the gap on Aboriginal health disadvantage and a national leader in improving health outcomes for all Aboriginal people. As an Aboriginal community-controlled health service, Congress provides comprehensive primary healthcare that is culturally responsive and provided in consultation with local health boards.
What’s in it for you?
- Salaries starting at $112,905 p.a. (pro rata), $57.90 per hour
- Generous salary packaging
- A supportive, low risk nursing environment
- Travel allowance
What’s the role?
- Provide primary health care including emergency care, chronic disease management and prevention for remote residents and visitors
- When further remote, participate in the after-hours on-call roster for after-hours medical emergencies accompanied by an on-call support worker
- Work within a client centred approach, taking into consideration client’s cultural practices and beliefs, in relation to health, wellbeing and Western medicine
- Support chronic disease clients in the planning of care which includes self-management goals and as necessary coordinated team care arrangements
- Ensure all documentation, records and health information systems are maintained on the Communicare patient information system
Is the role right for you?
- A current AHPRA RN or AHP registration with at least 3 years’ post grad experience
- A current driver’s licence
- Working with Children Clearance & recent Police Clearance
- Critical care or remote experience an advantage
What’s it like living in Remote Central Australia?
Central Australia draws tourism due to the town of Alice Springs and impressive natural attractions such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events like the Camel Cup. This region is mainly dry all year round, with temperatures ranging from 20-35°C in summer and 6-20°C in winter. Central Australia has a population of 39,317 people, approximately 16% of the total NT population. Alice Springs is one of the largest regional centres in the NT, with a population of 26,390 people.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now