- Paid flights, free accommodation and transport provided
- Experience living and working in a remote aboriginal community
- $120-140k Total Remuneration
Take up a desert change – big sky, beautiful landscapes, strong culture
Why Purple House?
Purple House began 21 years ago with a knock-out exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW which raised over a million dollars. People from the remotest, most beautiful part of the desert, then used this money to develop their own organisation, with a culture of caring, compassion and determination.
At the time, the focus was to get family members home to Kintore on dialysis, for people to be looked after on country and to maintain the traditions of looking after country and passing on cultural heritage to future generations.
It took a little time…and a lot of hard work…but in 2004, Purple House started dialysis in Kintore, the first of its kind, and set a precedence for many others to follow.
Today, Purple House are proud to say that they have collaborated, supported and helped many communities to get their people home and now operate dialysis in 19 communities across the NT, SA and WA. They also run two mobile dialysis trucks, provide a range of support services, run a successful social enterprise and have big plans for more! Purple House have come a long way in 21 years!
What’s in it for you?
If you are looking for an approachable and communicative management team, an appreciation for who you are and what you bring to Purple House and the variety to work in a unit on your own or as part of a team then this could be the role for you. Working with Purple House not only offers rewarding career options, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- The chance to work “outside of the hospital environment” where you can work independently for a community-run healthcare provider
- Support (leave and financial assistance) for further relevant study
- A competitive remuneration package of $120-$140k pa including PBI salary packaging
- Flights and transportation to and from your remote location
- Free accommodation, utilities and internet
- 35 days annual leave
What’s the role?
Purple House are looking for passionate, caring people to join their team. You will have a unique opportunity to work full-time as a dialysis nurse in one of their remote locations in the Northern Territory. Sponsorship for an international candidate may be considered.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Delivering high standard dialysis clinical care in their facilities
- Coordinating the care of patients with complex health needs
- Providing training/education to dialysis patients and their families to encourage well-being and self-care
What do you need to apply?
- A patient centred focus and eye on Purple House’s goal of getting people home on country
- Being known for your compassion and empathy, a self-starter and being able to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate with all sorts of people and being able think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems
- Being culturally curious and have respect for culture and country
- A flexible, good humoured and resilient style, and being passionate and ready for a challenge
- A minimum 2 years recent haemodialysis experience and AHPRA registration
- An Australian drivers licence
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is a small town of just 29,000 people located in the Red Centre of Australia, also known as the spiritual heartland of the country. With its dusty red earth, friendly locals and plunging skyline, you’ll not be disappointed by this remote town that punches way above its weight. Stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore. A thriving, spirited outback centre, Alice Springs is as famous for the personality of its locals and contemporary and traditional art as the natural wonders, including the stunning Larapinta Trail and the MacDonnell Ranges, which surround it.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com
The Chief Health Officer Covid-19 Directions (No.55) 2021 (“the Directions”) made under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 applies to workers in the role you are applying for and you will be requested to evidence your current COVID-19 vaccination status.Apply Now