- Paid flights, free accommodation and transport provided
- Experience living and working in a remote aboriginal community
- $120-140k Total Remuneration
Why Purple House?
Purple House is a non-profit Indigenous health service operating from a base in Alice Springs. The Pintupi communities of the Western Desert saw their elders with end stage renal failure forced into town to access services, so they built an organisation that has been getting people home on country by providing culturally appropriate remote dialysis services for two decades. This innovative organisation has grown to operate permanent units in 19 remote communities.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work “outside of the hospital environment” where you can work independently for a community-run healthcare provider
- Support (leave and financial assistance) for further relevant study
- A competitive remuneration package of $120-$140k pa including PBI salary packaging
- Flights and transportation to and from your remote location
- Free accommodation, utilities and internet
- 35 days annual leave
What’s the role?
- Delivering high standard dialysis clinical care in their facilities
- Coordinating the care of patients with complex health needs
- Providing training/education to dialysis patients and their families to encourage well-being and self-care
Is this role right for you?
- Being known for your compassion and empathy, a self-starter and being able to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate with all sorts of people and being able think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems
- Being culturally curious and have respect for culture and country
- A flexible, good humoured and resilient style, and being passionate and ready for a challenge
- A minimum 2 years recent haemodialysis experience and AHPRA registration
- An Australian drivers licence
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is a small town of just 29,000 people located in the Red Centre of Australia, also known as the spiritual heartland of the country. With its dusty red earth, friendly locals and plunging skyline, you’ll not be disappointed by this remote town that punches way above its weight. Stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore. A thriving, spirited outback centre, Alice Springs is as famous for the personality of its locals and contemporary and traditional art as the natural wonders, including the stunning Larapinta Trail and the MacDonnell Ranges, which surround it.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now, or to find out more give Megan Dennis a call on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now