- Opportunity to live and work in stunning East Arnhem Land
- Make a real impact to the health care in a remote Indigenous Community
- Use and enhance your emergency medicine skills
Miwatj Health are currently seeking passionate General Practitioners to join their Galiwin’ku clinic, based in East Arnhem Land.
Why Miwatj Health?
Miwatj Health share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work they are doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. Miwatj ensure every decision made helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
This position is responsible to provide medical services to the population served by Miwatj Health. This will include the management of acute and chronic conditions and assistance with the delivery and promotion of primary health care.
You will be working closely with an Aboriginal workforce which is critical to Miwatj client’s success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with clients and your new team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive base salary of $280,000 per annum plus Super is on offer and a comprehensive range of benefits including:
- Salary packaging as a not for profit organisation
- 6 weeks annual leave as well as flexible leave up to 75 hours per year
- 4 weeks study and professional development leave with up to $5k study assistance
- Free accommodation
- Up to $10k relocation assistance and up to $15k repatriation assistance
- $5k PI Insurance and travel allowance of up to $2,035 per annum for leave
- Every three months a paid return flight to Darwin
- Permanent position
- Immediate commencement
What do you need to apply?
- Medical Practitioner’s Specialist GP Registration with AHPRA
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs
- Demonstrated skills and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from different cultural backgrounds
- Extensive experience in General Practice
- Previous experience in a community or Clinical and Primary Health Care Service
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) administer a number of financial assistance grants, including the Health Professional Relocation Grant (HPRG) to assist with relocation to the Northern Territory. Once settled into the NT, RWA NT also facilitates a variety of educational grants to assist with continuing professional development.
To find out about this opportunity please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010 for more information.
Follow our NT PHN LinkedIn page!Apply Now