- Attractive base salary of $250,000 – $280,000; permanent full-time role
- Vehicle for work and personal use, plus annual housing allowance while in Katherine
- Not for profit salary packaging benefits and annual flight back to point of hire
Why Sunrise Health Service?
Sunrise Health Service (Sunrise) has been operating since 2003 and is the second largest Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in the Northern Territory. Sunrise services 9 remote communities to the east of Katherine and serves a population base of approximately 3,800 people – many with chronic illnesses requiring early detection and amelioration.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Sunrise not only offers rewarding career options, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Attractive base salary of $250,000 – $280,000
- 6 weeks leave, and up to 10 days study leave, per year
- Vehicle for work and personal use, plus phone and laptop
- Annual housing allowance of $20,000 while in Katherine
- Not for profit salary packaging benefits
- Annual flight back to point of hire
- Opportunity for Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) – Doctor Stream in MM6 and MM7 regions, providing access to annual additional MBS payments of up to $35K in urban and $60K in rural locations
What’s the role?
General Practitioners (GP’s) work as members of a multi-disciplinary team, led by the Director of Public Health and Planning (DPHP). The role involves direct provision of General Practice Services, support for and sharing of skills with other team members and participation in key primary health care initiatives and community consultation.
What will you be doing?
- Support and provide primary and emergency medical care in a remote health team, including case management of chronic illness
- Collaboration with other primary health care providers
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of primary health care professionals
- Support health screening, surveillance programs and other public health activities including health promotion programs
- Provide advice on clinical issues and the development and implementation of health programs and services that enhance service provision
- Assist staff in the development and provision of education/training activities and participate in the collection, collation and reporting of health related data
Is the role right for you?
Living and working remotely can be a unique, challenging and rewarding experience. While living remotely, you can learn more about who you are as an individual, while making a positive contribution to the community.
You will also have the chance to immerse yourself in a new culture and language while learning from the local indigenous people. You will meet and develop good relationships with members of the community, which will enhance your capacity to work and live in a remote context.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Specialist registration as a General Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Formal Post-graduate training in General Practice
- Broad based experience in primary health care appropriate to working in a rural/remote location
- A demonstrable ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team, including the ability to share tasks and knowledge and delegate to other health practitioners
- An understanding and commitment to the principles of Aboriginal community control of primary health care delivery
- A respect for Aboriginal culture and a willingness to listen, learn and to participate in cross-cultural awareness activities
- Ability to travel in light aircraft or four-wheel drive and overnights stays to SHS’s remote communities
- Current Police History Check and NT Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
What’s it like living in Katherine?
Katherine is often called the ‘Crossroads of the North’ as it is located on the junction of the Stuart Highway linking with the north and south and the Victoria Highway to Western Australia.
Katherine has a population of more than 11,000 people and is a thriving regional centre to an area as big as the state of Victoria.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010 for more information.Apply Now