- Base Salary: $129,441 – $132,756
- Remote Workers Allowance
- Relocation Assistance
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory and we are one of the most experienced Aboriginal primary health care (PHC) services in the country. Congress provides a comprehensive, holistic and culturally-appropriate PHC services to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including eight remote communities. Our organisation is a strong political advocate of closing the gap on Aboriginal health disadvantage and a national leader in improving health outcomes for all Aboriginal people.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks’ annual leave
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
What’s the role?
- Provide management and coordination of the Ntaria (Hermannsburg) Health Service
- Delivery of culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care and clinical leadership in cooperation with the Ntaria-based Congress general practitioners
- Provide operational leadership and coordination of all services provided by Congress staff to the Ntaria community and outreach services to Utju and Wallace Rockhole Communities
- Lead a multidisciplinary team and ensure cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care and client flow
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures to optimise smooth operational practices including appropriate allocation of resources and portfolios to staff
- Manage, plan and coordinate an afterhours on-call roster for medical emergencies in accordance with Congress policies
- Responsible for the supervision of direct reports
Is this the right role for you?
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated recent experience in providing a broad range of clinical interventions, including but not limited to, adult health checks, immunisations, developing chronic disease management plans and brief interventions with at least 3 years in a remote clinical practice
- Willingness, ability and appropriate levels of health and fitness to travel to and work from remote locations
What’s it like living in Remote Central Australia?
Central Australia draws tourism due to the town of Alice Springs and impressive natural attractions such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events like the Camel Cup. This region is mainly dry all year round, with temperatures ranging from 20-35°C in summer and 6-20°C in winter. Central Australia has a population of 39,317 people, approximately 16% of the total NT population. Alice Springs is one of the largest regional centres in the NT, with a population of 26,390 people.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now