- Total Effective Package: $131,194 -$140,191
- Full Time , Maximum Term 12 Month Contract
- Relocation Assistance
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory and we are one of the most experienced Aboriginal primary health care (PHC) services in the country. Congress provides a comprehensive, holistic and culturally-appropriate PHC services to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including eight remote communities. Our organisation is a strong political advocate of closing the gap on Aboriginal health disadvantage and a national leader in improving health outcomes for all Aboriginal people.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks’ annual leave
- 10.5% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
What’s the role?
- Plan, implement, monitor and report on day-to-day clinical research activities in accordance with the research protocol and implementation plan
- Assist and support Congress clinical services to provide best practice primary health care
- Ensure research is conducted to a high standard that aligns with relevant national ethical guidelines and Congress policies, procedures and cultural protocols
- Contribute to research design and implementation including monitoring of research activities, knowledge translation and planned inclusion of community considerations
Is this role right for you?
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority as a Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner with highly developed clinical skills, knowledge and experience, particularly in Aboriginal primary health care
- Demonstrated clinical experience working in rural/remote primary health care with a particular focus on Aboriginal health and/or Public Health and/or Research
- Hold a current Northern Territory (NT) manual driver’s licence or ability to obtain prior to commencement
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Framed by the iconic MacDonnell Ranges and surrounding desert landscape, Alice Springs is the place to begin your outback adventure. Alice Springs is a melting pot of culture, art, history, entertainment, and adventure. Mparntwe is the Arrernte word for Alice Springs. The Arrernte people are the traditional custodians of Alice Springs and have a strong connection with the land. Stunning landscapes, the world’s oldest living culture, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or email@example.comApply Now