- Senior leadership role in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation
- Excellent base salary (negotiable for previous experience)
- Make an impact to the health care of the residents of the Katherine region
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (Wurli) is seeking a Senior Medical Officer to join their passionate team.
Wurli is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering comprehensive primary health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities.
Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include our Main Clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Binjari Health Centre, Women and Children’s Health, Men’s Health and a Dental Clinic.
What’s In It For You?
- Excellent salary (negotiable for previous experience) plus superannuation
- Salary sacrificing options
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, study leave)
- Relocation assistance and accommodation subsidy allowance available for eligible applicants
- Eligibility to apply for the NT PHN Health Workforce Scholarship Program for up to $10,000 educational support
- Relocation assistance to eligible candidates through NT PHN Health Professional Relocation Grant
- Opportunity for Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) – Doctor Stream in MM6 and MM7 regions, providing access to annual additional MBS payments of up to $35K in urban and $60K in rural locations
- Enjoy an amazing laid back lifestyle with abundant personal and career rewards
What’s the role?
The Senior Medical Officer is responsible for the provision of expert, best practice, contemporary medical advice and clinical leadership of the organisation. This requires the provision of strategic clinical and clinical governance leadership to the organisation and the provision of senior advisory services to the Wurli Board of Directors, CEO and other PHC leaders within the organisation.
What do you need to apply?
- Medical Degree or equivalent
- Vocationally Registered General Practitioner (VRGP)
- Accredited GP Registrar Supervisor
- Minimum of ten (10) years broad clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience in senior medical advisory role
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian health care standards and legislative frameworks
- Solid understanding of clinical governance and service performance evaluation
- Sound ability and experience in clinical strategic planning and clinical leadership for the provision of programs, and services consistent with the responsibilities of the position
What’s it like living in Katherine?
To the local Indigenous people, Katherine was the point where the traditional lands of the Dagoman, Jawoyn, and Wardaman met, and consequently, the river and the nearby gorge were popular meeting places.
The Katherine region boasts magnificent Aboriginal rock art, Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park, the Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park and Elsey National Park.
Katherine is a modern, thriving regional centre, located 314 km from Darwin and 1180 km from Alice Springs, situated on the banks of the Katherine River. The population of the region is just over 24,000 people, of which 60% identify as Indigenous.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.Apply Now