- Full-time contract until June 2023
- Up to $7000 for relocation, as well as scholarship and bursary grants available
- Salary packaging, generous discounts with major retailers
Why Mission Australia?
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. The Suicide Prevention Program develops, promotes and delivers suicide prevention activities and builds community awareness and capacity to respond to suicide and other related issues.
The program aims to improve outcomes for people at risk of suicide across Katherine, Mataranka, Binjari, Lajamanu, Barunga, Beswick, Manyallaluk, Minyerri, Kalkarindji, and Jilkminggan.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive above award remuneration
- Up to $3,500 for relocation assistance
- Not-for-profit salary packaging
- Eligible for scholarship and bursary grants through NT PHN
- Rewarding job – everyday you’re making a difference
- Generous discounts with health insurance & major retailers
What’s the role?
- Respond to referrals and assess against eligibility
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop, implement and review culturally appropriate individual recovery plans
- Complete a range of internal and external reports
- Deliver culturally appropriate mental health education during specific community events such as Mental Health Week, NAIDOC Week, R U OK Day?, Yellow Ribbon events
- Assist participants to transition out of the service into independence or other services
Is this the right role for you?
- Minimum Certificate IV qualifications in Mental Health or equivalent
- Extensive experience working in the mental health sector, with people who have complex needs
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people in a community service setting
- Experience working in remote communities with the ability to travel on a regular basis
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and relationship-building skills
- Experience in developing and/or facilitating one-on-one and group activities
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer relocation support and clinical educational financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056Apply Now