- Are you motivated and driven?
- Are you looking for a role that is vital in improving the mental health of residents in remote communities of East Arnhem Land?
- Do you want to be part of a corporation that is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples?
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) are partnering with Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (Miwatj Health) to find a Therapeutic Clinician to join their Northern Territory team. Miwatj Health’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of residents of the communities of East Arnhem Land through the delivery of appropriate and comprehensive primary health care and to promote the control by Aboriginal communities of primary health care resources. Your role will be responsible to help improve access to integrated, culturally responsive and safe mental health and drug and alcohol services that holistically meet the social and emotional wellbeing and mental health needs of the population in the Miwatj region. This position is based in Darwin and requires frequent travel to numerous communities in East Arnhem Land.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- To achieve better outcomes in the prevention, early intervention, treatment and management of common mental and behavioural disorders, including substance use disorders, in the Miwatj region as part of comprehensive primary health care.
- Provide a range of effective therapeutic interventions using established evidence-based techniques and methodologies that is adapted to the individual needs and treatment plan for each client.
- Deliver culturally adapted evidence-based therapeutic interventions that value and build upon local knowledge, community and cultural strengths.
- Contribute to a coordinated approach for the prevention, assessment, early interventions, referral and shared care arrangements for common mental and behavioural disorders, including alcohol and drug use disorders.
- Deliver culturally adapted, evidence-based therapeutic interventions to address common mental health disorders.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Registered or Provisionally registered Psychologist or Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience in delivering (culturally adapted) focused psychological or occupational therapy strategies, including assessment and counselling to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high level of clinical judgement and to prepare accurate reports relating to the assessment and intervention of a client.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the application of a variety of evidence-based psychology treatment approached including mental health, AOD/VSA, and trauma.
- Ability to administer assessments and undertake comprehensive assessments within a culturally appropriate framework.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and coordinating case management processes and procedures.
For more information please see attached Position Description.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary package.
- Salary sacrificing of $15,900 p/a.
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading.
- Relocation assistance to eligible candidates.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Explore and experience the tropical wonders and historical locations of East Arnhem Land.
If you are a Therapeutic Clinician looking for a change of scenery and seeking an opportunity to develop your career, we would love to hear from you!
APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link!
If you want to find out more about this unique opportunity or to find out other opportunities within Allied Health Industry in the Northern Territory, please contact Tom Richmond on 08 8982 1070 for a confidential discussion.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!
Image: Bawaka Cultural Experiences. Bawaka: Tourism NT/Shaana McNaughtApply Now