- Attractive Salary
- Relocation Assistance
- Short Term Accommodation Allowance
Why Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service?
Wurli is an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary of $122,630 – $132,060
- 6 weeks annual leave plus leave loading
- Training and career development opportunities including study leave provisions
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Continuous CPD opportunities
What’s the role?
- Identifying and developing a Tackling Indigenous Smoking action plan for the organisation
- Managing the Tackling Indigenous Smoking activities within appropriate guidelines, timelines and budget and coordinating Tackling Indigenous Smoking activities across the organisation
- Taking a lead role in improving Wurli’s engagement with indigenous youth, with particular emphasis on Tackling Indigenous Smoking
- Participating in committees, working groups both internal and external and health professional groups to support the integration of Tackling Indigenous Smoking as core business for the service
- Developing and building partnerships with key stakeholders including Katherine communities and community agencies to ensure Tackling Indigenous Smoking programs are effective and culturally responsive.
Is the role right for you?
- AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse, a non-smoker and a minimum of 5 years’ Health Promotions or Public Health experience, preferably with starting a new program from the ground up
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Health Promotion or Public Health
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Indigenous societies and culture, including issues affecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities.
- A high level of communication skills and a demonstrated willingness and ability to represent the organisation externally, including managing and developing essential stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Katherine?
With a population of around 11,000, Katherine is a modern, thriving regional centre. The population of the region is just over 24,000 people, of which 60% identify as Indigenous. Located 314 km from Darwin and 1180 km from Alice Springs, the town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River. Katherine has a sub-tropical climate, with distinct wet and dry seasons. The Katherine region also boasts magnificent Aboriginal rock art, Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park, the Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park and Elsey National Park. Historically, Katherine has always been important. To the local Aborigines, it was the point where the traditional lands of the Dagoman, Jawoyn, and Wardaman met, and consequently, the river and the nearby gorge were popular meeting places.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002.Apply Now