Support for health professionals during COVID-19
As a health professional, it’s important you manage the impacts of COVID-19 on your mental health
- Mental Health NT connects people to doctors, remote health services and local community mental health services and offers information about mental health conditions.
- Head to Health covers tips for maintaining good mental health during the outbreak, information on how to access mental health services, information for parents, and how to keep older Australians safe and connected by helping them get established online
- Doctors’ Health NT have information on self-care strategies for practitioners, this includes a 24/7 phone advisory service if you need to speak with an experienced colleague (08 8366 0250) and a free telemedicine service for medical practitioners and medical students in the NT to discuss their own health (08 8232 1250)
- Black Dog Institute has published a collection of evidence-based resources to help individuals, workplaces, schools, parents and health professionals deal with coronavirus anxiety, stress and wellbeing
- Beyond Blue has set up an online forum about coping during the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Essential Network (TEN) is a mobile app developed for health care professionals to manage life and work through COVID-19.
- Smiling Mind provides frontline health workers with free access to their app, which offers practical tools to support good mental health.
Using NT HealthPathways during an outbreak
HealthPathways is a web-based information portal that supports clinicians to plan patient care through primary, community and secondary health care systems within Northern Territory.
Whether you work in a hospital or the community, HealthPathways allows you to be on the same page when it comes to looking after a patient.