Centre for Remote Health & Flinders University Short Course – Transition to Remote Area Nursing
Transition to Remote Area Nursing prepares registered nurses with the skills and knowledge required to become effective members of remote primary health care teams.
Who should attend
Registered nurses new to remote health, considering a career move to remote area nursing or interested in remote / rural contracts.
- Framing Indigenous Health
- Remote Advanced Nursing Practice
- Remote Trauma Skills
With a focus on cultural safety, hands-on skills acquisition and relevant learning, the 10 days provide ideal preparation for remote area nursing.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Outline the principles of cultural safety
- Describe the social determinants of health in relation to remote Indigenous communities
- Incorporate primary health care principles in their practice as a Remote Area Nurse (RAN)
- Select, supply and administer appropriate medication under scheduled treatment protocols integrating comprehensive assessment and best practice guidelines.
- Physically assess clients
- Conduct a comprehensive health assessment
- Follow the RAN model of consultation when consulting with patients
- Understand the proficiencies required by the RAN to work within the remote setting
$2250 – Excludes Pharmacotherapeutics for Remote Area Nurses
($650 for the Pharmacotherapeutics course, paid when registering online)
For enquiries about 2023 course dates in Alice Springs and Katherine contact: firstname.lastname@example.org