COVID-19 and Public Health Resilience Workshop
You are invited to be involved in contributing to a research project funded by the World Health Organization titled:
“Systematically identifying and evaluating strategies for strengthening community resilience”
The purpose of the workshop is to:
• Identify factors affecting public health system resilience across multiple communities and countries to the COVID-19 pandemic and other emergencies.
• Clarify, rank, and prioritise actions for strengthening community resilience.
• Explore alignment of the Public Health System Resilience Scorecard version 2 with the WHO Health Emergency and Disaster Risk Management Framework and the extent to which key vulnerabilities and capacities are addressed in urban and rural areas. (For more information https://mcr2030.undrr.org/ )
• Identify the role of a “whole of society approach”, including roles of other sectors, in enhancing public health system resilience.
• Develop priority actions for achieving long-lasting and sustainable strategies to “build back better” and reduce risks of future emergencies.
By participating you can identify and explore factors affecting public health system resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic and other disasters. The workshop will also give you the opportunity to inform future strategies for strengthening community and health system resilience into the future.