CranaPlus Maternal Emergency Care Course in Darwin
The MEC course will meet the learning needs of the remote and isolated health workforce (Nurses, non-practising midwives, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers/Practitioners, Paramedics and Medical Officers).
- Does the sight of a pregnant woman in your clinic make you nervous?
- Would you know what to do if a pregnant women presented at your clinic/hospital in labour & no midwife was available?
The Maternity Emergency Care (MEC) course is designed to enable the health workforce to develop the knowledge and skills necessaryto provide emergency care for pregnant, birthing and immediately postnatal women, and their babies.
- Demonstrate the principles of unplanned or emergency management of a pregnant & labouring woman and care immediately after childbirth.
- Assess and manage to the following maternal and neonatal complications:
- Pre-term labour
- Bleeding in pregnancy
- Maternal trauma, deterioration and resuscitation
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Post partum haemorrhage
- Family Violence and Perinatal Mental Health are also discussed.
On completion learners will receive:
- A CRANAplus Maternal Emergency Care course certificate (Valid for 3 years)
- $850 for CranaPlus members
- $950 non members