CranaPlus Midwifery Upskilling Course (MIDUS) in Alice Springs
The Midwifery Upskilling course (MIDUS) aims to provide an overview of current practice in antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care, including discussion of complications in pregnancy and birth, and the emergency management of a pregnant woman and her baby, with an emphasis on care in the remote and isolated setting.
The course is designed to meet the learning needs of the maternity health workforce (Midwives and Medical Officers) who may be required to provide maternity care in remote and/or isolated areas.
Please note, if you are not a midwife or a GP with relevant obstetric experience you are not eligible for this course – please consider the Maternity Emergency Care course as this may be more relevant for you.
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to:
- Incorporate the principles of Cultural Safety in maternity care.
- Demonstrate the principles of ante, intra & postpartum care provision within a remote or isolated setting.
- Demonstrate the principles of managing complications in pregnancy, labour and immediately following childbirth, including:
- Antenatal care
- Preterm labour
- Bleeding in pregnancy
- Hypertension in pregnancy including pre-eclampsia
- Cord prolapse
- Breech birth
- Shoulder dystocia
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Maternal deterioration, trauma & resuscitation
- Postpartum haemorrhage
- Retained placenta
- Perinatal Mental Health issues
- Family Violence
On completion learners will receive:
- A CRANAplus Midwifery Upskilling Certificate (Valid for 2 years)
- $1215 for CranaPlus members
- $1315 non members