CranaPlus Paediatric Emergency Care & Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PEC & PALS) Course in Alice Springs
The CRANAplus Paediatric Emergency Care and Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PEC + PALS) course is an interactive, practical course that covers aspects of the emergency management of children.
Our PEC + PALS course content is consistent with both the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) Guidelines and the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) Guidelines, and facilitates a standard approach to best practice in Australia. The PEC+PALS course aims to provide the health workforce with a structured approach to:
- Emergency paediatric care that is crucial in the first few hours of a life-threatening illness or injury
- The continuum of care from paediatric basic life support through to the use and availability of more advanced skills and resources allowing provision of paediatric advanced life support.
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and systematic approach to the assessment and management of the ill and/or injured infant and child using a structured approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of clinical deterioration and apply this knowledge to the early identification and management of the seriously ill and/or injured infant and child
- Demonstrate early management and practical skills required to manage an ill and/or injured child who has presented with a life-threatening emergency
- Demonstrate effective and accurate clinical handover
- Demonstrate key elements of Paediatric Advanced Life support including:
- Human factors and resource management
- Causes of cardiac arrest
- Basic and advanced airway management and ventilation
- Cardiac arrest and defibrillation management
- Post resuscitation care.
On completion learners will receive:
- A CRANAplus Paediatric Emergency Care certificate (valid for 2 years)
- A CRANAplus Paediatric Advanced Life Support certificate (valid for 2 years).
- $1033 for CranaPlus members
- $1133 non members