CranaPlus Remote Emergency Care Course in Darwin
The Remote Emergency Care (REC) course is designed by remote health clinicians for remote health clinicians.
The course is contextualised to the remote and isolated practice, with current evidence-based content within a cross-cultural framework aligned with National Standards.
By using a blended learning approach, clinicians will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to recognise an emergency, provide initial stabilisation and manage a range of medical and trauma presentations.
CRANAplus encourages clinicians to apply the knowledge and skills acquired learnt within the context of the policies of the employing health service and within each individual’s own scope of practice.
- Online pre-course modules that must be completed one week before the course
- Attendance at a two day face to face workshop consisting of guided discussions, practical skill stations led by highly experienced clinicians, and context based scenarios
- A basic life support clinical skills assessment (Optional)
- An individual scenario based assessment
- Demonstrate initial assessment and management of a seriously ill or injured client in the remote and isolated setting.
- Perform a systematic primary survey to identify actual or imminent life threatening presentations and provide lifesaving interventions to establish a client’s airway, breathing and circulation.
- Conduct a systematic secondary survey to collect additional information and perform a comprehensive physical assessment to detect other significant but not immediately life-threatening injuries or conditions.
- Demonstrate accurate documentation and communicate a clear concise handover of findings and interventions using the ISBAR approach.
- Perform Basic Life Support as per Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines. (Optional)
On completion learners will receive:
- A CRANAplus Remote Emergency Care course certificate (Valid for two years)
- A CRANAplus Basic Life Support (Adult, Child & Infant) certificate (Valid for one year) (Optional)
- $850 for CranaPlus members
- $950 non members