Demystifying Developmental Paediatrics – Academy of Child & Adolescent Health (ACAH) Primary Care Workshop 2023
ACAH presents its second paediatric workshop targeted to primary care clinicians passionate about child health around Australia.
ACAH is an organisation focusing on advocating for the health needs of newborns, children and adolescents in a cooperative, collegiate environment.
Our workshop focuses on challenging child health topics in primary care, and some of the long-term issues that often you are called on to co-manage whilst waiting for your patients/clients to survive the wait times for public paediatric clinics. We want to answer your burning questions, so will be basing our Q&A on what you want to hear!
Panel 1: Red Flags of Developmental Delay for the Primary Practitioner
- Kathryn Clark – Senior Physiotherapist, Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- Demi Payne – Director and Senior Occupational Therapist, UP Occupational Therapy
Panel 2: Common Developmental Disorders – Insights into ASD and ADHD
- A/Prof Daryl Efron – Staff Specialist Paediatrician, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Dr Ken Nunn – Staff Specialist Psychiatrist, Children’s Hospital at Westmead
Panel 3: Navigating the NDIS for Primary Care Practitioners
- Dr Christine Lau – Staff Specialist Paediatrician and Network Integrated Care Lead, Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- Kirsten Bula – Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network NDIS Transition Manager
This session aims to to continue a conversation, to create networks, to refresh and renew knowledge, and to reinvigorate you for your work with children and adolescents.
Free for members. $70 for non-members.
We rely entirely on membership fees to continue providing high quality educational and networking events, as well as national advocacy on issues of shared importance. As such, we strongly encourage you to join as an ACAH member (https://acah.org.au/membership…) as this webinar series is free to all members.
The series is eligible for RACGP CPD “Chosen Learning Activities” points (previously known as Category 2). The workshop accrues 6 points – 2 per hour spent.