Developing a sustainable HIV, viral hepatitis & sexual health workforce
Do you work with People Who Use Drugs?
Join ASHM for this free workshop to support your role in curing hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C in NSP Settings
Frontline workers who work with People Who Use Drugs have a crucial and unique role to play in eliminating
hep C. By sharing messages about testing and treatment, you can support people to protect their health.
This free online workshop aims to provide participants with the confidence to initiate conversations
around hep C in your workplace setting, such as NSPs and other settings.
This online course will be delivered in two parts:
Part 1 – a 1-hour eLearning component introducing the learner to the topics of testing, management and
treatment of HCV in addition to how to provide education in your workplace setting.
Part 2 – a 2.5-hour interactive online workshop building on the knowledge and skills gained in Part 1 through
practical case discussions and referral pathway mapping.
• Rosie Gilliver, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Kirketon Road Centre
• Sal Endemann, Eliminate C Project Coordinator, Northern Territory AIDS & Hepatitis Council
• Rebekah Lamb, Senior Project Officer, ASHM
Learning Objectives:• Describe risk factors for hep C, enabling discussions with people around prevention and harm reduction
• Describe hep C testing and liver disease assessment
• Recognise the treatment options for hep C
• Identify your local referral pathways for linking people to hep C testing and treatment
• Communicate confidently with people about hep C testing, treatment, and follow-up processes in the NSP and other settings
This course is equivalent to 3.5 CPD hours
For further details or assistance contact:
M: 0478 020 106