Free Online CDP Event: Headache Masterclass for Primary Care
The Australia & New Zealand Headache Society (ANZHS) invites you to attend Australia’s leading event on headache and migraine – the 2023 Headache Masterclass for Primary Care.
This one-day virtual Masterclass is designed for Australian general practitioners and primary care clinicians to provide a practical, real-world, guide to managing headache and migraine patients.
Based around four inter-woven case studies, and facilitated by Dr Anita Muñoz (GP/medical educator), leading local and international experts will be discussing:
- Their approaches to assessing headache in new patients
- The range of triggers that are known to cause headaches, and
- The latest pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to managing acute and chronic headache disorders.
By the end of the Headache Masterclass, you will be able to:
1. Outline an evidence-based approach to the assessment and diagnosis of common headache and migraine subtypes, including a consideration of mimics and red flag conditions.
2. Describe a rational approach to investigations of a patient presenting with new or changing headache/migraine patterns.
3. List a methodical approach to the assessment and management of lifestyle and triggers to migraine/headache patients.
4. Demonstrate how to draft a migraine management plan, including abortive and prophylactic approaches.
5. Summarise the list of available management options for headache and migraine, including which patients benefit from intervention via a headache specialist.
RACGP activity number 391318
ACCRM activity number 28390
RACGP: 6 hours of CPD
The fee for this webinar is $198.00 (GST incl.) per person.