HBV s100 Prescriber Course
Become an s100 prescriber for hepatitis B. Learn how to manage and treat chronic hepatitis B in primary care settings
Upon successful completion of this training and the associated case assessment, eligible participants may apply to the relevant state departments of health for authority to prescribe Section 100 (s100) drugs for the management of HBV in Australia.
Through a combination of self-paced learning and online interactive webinar, this training course is designed for general practitioners, other community-based medical practitioners, nurse practitioners, and nurses, to effectively diagnose, manage and treat chronic hepatitis B within their primary care setting.
- Outline the critical role of primary care in the diagnosis, management and treatment of people living with chronic hepatitis B
- Plan long-term care, including guideline-based monitoring and hepatocellular carcinoma screening, for patients with chronic hepatitis B
- Select and prescribe first-line antiviral treatment when clinically indicated
- Identify situations where specialist advice or referral is required
- Integrate principles of person-centered and culturally competent care into hepatitis B management
This education is a CPD Accredited Activity under the RACGP CPD Program. 40 points allocated. This course and associated activities are accredited with ACRRM for 7 educational activity PDP units and 2 performance review PDP units in the 2020-2022 triennium. This course and associated activities are accredited by the ACNP for professional development.