Webinar HIV S100 Prescriber Course (NT, SA & TAS)
ASHM is hosting a 4-part HIV s100 prescriber interactive webinar series starting the 3rd August 2023 for eligible participants in the NT.
This HIV s100 prescriber course is delivered over 4 weeks with a combination of self-paced learning activities and interactive webinars.
This course has 3 components:
1. Online modules and training: A four-week course with weekly online activities and Pre-requisite activity: Introduction to HIV Online Learning Modules and HIV Prevention Video Module. These self-directed modules are the foundation for the facilitated online training and must be completed within the 12 months prior to the prescriber course.
2. Facilitated online webinars: A four-week facilitated course with weekly online activities and interactive webinars.
3. Post course assessment: an online case-based multiple-choice exam to be completed within one month of the facilitated training.
Session 1: Thursday 03 August 2023 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm (ACST)
Session 2: Thursday 10 August 2023 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm (ACST)
Session 3: Thursday 17 August 2023 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm (ACST)
Session 4: Thursday 24 August 2023 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm (ACST)
NT-based GPs, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Midwives, and Practice Nurses working in primary care settings.
Presentations and case discussions will be delivered by specialists and GPs with expertise in HIV.
Following the course participants will be able to:
• Describe the principles of initiation of antiretroviral therapy.
• Evaluate the complexity of factors influencing patients’ treatment decisions.
• Develop a clinical management plan for a patient on therapy, incorporating strategies for health promotion and harm minimisation.
• Describe the contributing factors to the development of treatment toxicities and antiretroviral resistance .
• Identify appropriate referral pathways for complex HIV issues including salvage therapy, women considering pregnancy and IRIS.
This course has been accredited with the RACGP as a CPD Accredited Activity, for 12.5 hours (Educational Activity) and 9.5 hours (Reviewing Performance)
This course has been approved by ACRRM as an accredited activity. Allocated total 24 PDP units; 20 Educational Activity and 4 Performance Review.
This course is endorsed by ACNP and a certificate of attendance will be provided
Please contact Elaine Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call on 0478 024 539