FREE Darwin GP Event: Veteran Health: A Systematic Approach to Navigating DVA & Musculoskeletal Health Concerns, November 2023
Join GP Dr Kerry Summerscales, a former Defence member who is skilled in defence and Veteran health conditions.
GPs will be empowered to provide healthcare services in an area that is often identified as important but challenging due to the uncertainty of navigating defence health issues and associated health care planning.
This free educational event aims to improve knowledge, skills and confidence in defence Veteran health consultations. Providing GPs with clarity around conducting post ADF health assessments and Medical Impairment Assessments and knowledge about the Coordinated Veteran Care (CVC) program, enrolment and implementation with a specific focus on musculoskeletal concerns.
- Distinguish common health and musculoskeletal conditions that impact Veterans health to improve early diagnosis and treatment.
- Outline the process of a Post ADF Discharge Health Assessment and formulate a process to implement within your clinic.
- Formulate a process to support Veterans to submit claims for assistance with the Department of Veterans Affairs to increase accessibility into health services.
- Identify the appropriate Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) forms to complete, to support Veterans in receiving healthcare assistance.
- Develop a process to identify the qualifying features of the Co-ordinated Veterans Care Program and then implement a process to activate the Co-ordinated Veterans Care program.
- Utilise relevant software and resources to appropriately bill for Veteran consultations.
- Discuss key history and examination findings for common upper and lower limbs commonly seen in the Veteran population and identify an appropriate treatment plan.
- Perform an appropriate musculoskeletal examination on a patient with musculoskeletal concerns in upper and lower limbs and identify an appropriate treatment plan.
Northern Territory HealthPathways offers clinicians clear guidance for assessing and managing symptoms or conditions during the point of care. Pathways include information for referrers and requests to services in the local health system.
Associated HealthPathways links:
Request your login from the HealthPathways’ team.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided (if you have a dietary requirement please state this when you register).
- educational activities – 3 hours.
- reviewing performance – 5 hours
Book now, places are limited.