Alice Springs CPD Networking Dinner – ‘Immunisation Update’
Join the NT PHN and Dr Rosalind Webby in Alice Springs for a CPD Networking Dinner and find out about the updates to the National Immunisation Program
The NT PHN invites immunisation providers, in the Alice Springs region, to attend a free evening of professional development with Dr Rosalind Webby, followed by a networking dinner.
- Dr Rosalind Webby, Medical Advisor, Immunisation and Rheumatic Heart Disease, CDC & Environmental Health, NT Health. Ros is a general practitioner and public health practitioner who has worked in the NT for 20 years. She currently works at the Centre for Disease Control as immunisation medical advisor and has provided education, policy and program advice related to immunisation for over 16 years.
- Jayne Porter, Nurse Management Coordinator, Immunisation, CDC, NT Health
Update your knowledge about the latest changes to immunisation schedules in the National Immunisation Program.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recall the key changes made to the National Immunisation Program, especially those related to the herpes zoster vaccine program on 1st November 2023.
- Describe the main information and resources associated with childhood, adolescent, and maternal vaccines, as well as COVID vaccines.
- Utilise links to access immunisation resources, vaccine communication tools, and reporting protocols for adverse events following immunisation.
Northern Territory HealthPathways offer clinicians clear guidance for assessing and managing symptoms or conditions during the point of care. Pathways include information for referrers and requests to services in the local health system.
For supplementary learnings to this event, NT HealthPathways are pleased to share pathways:
- Adverse events Following Immunisation (AEFI)
- Immunisation- Childhood
- Immunisation- Adults
- Immunisation- Pregnancy
Request your login from the HealthPathways Team.
*One hour of self-reported CPD.
*As a general guide, one hour of active learning equates to one hour of CPD. It is the responsibility of the individual student to calculate how many hours of active learning have been completed. The hours of active learning estimated above should act as a guide to CPD hours.
For more information, please contact:
The Clinical Education Team
Numbers are limited so register now.