CRANAplus Advanced Remote Emergency Care & Advanced Life Support, Alice Springs
Join CRANAplus in Alice Springs for the Advanced Remote Emergency Care & Advanced Life Support 2-day course.
The Advanced Remote Emergency Care + Advanced Life Support (AREC + ALS) course is designed by remote health clinicians for remote health clinicians. The course is contextualised to remote and isolated practice, and builds on the core principles of early recognition, assessment, and management of the critically unwell or injured patient using a systematic primary and secondary survey approach. It includes resuscitation and stabilisation of the patient according to priority, determining if a patient’s needs exceed the facility’s capabilities, arranging appropriate definitive care and ensuring that optimum care is provided.
The course supports clinicians that work in resource limited contexts and/or small teams to develop confidence and leadership qualities around critical thinking and making important clinical decisions.
CRANAplus encourages clinicians to apply the knowledge and skills acquired learnt within the context of the policies of the employing health service and within each individual’s own scope of practice.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Perform a thorough, organised approach to recognition of clinical deterioration and prioritise assessment and management of the immediate and potentially life-threatening emergency situation.
- Utilise clinical judgement to interpret assessment and diagnostic data to form a clinical impression.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of pathophysiology underpinning complex emergency situations and utilise advanced clinical knowledge to develop a plan for stabilisation of the identified emergency.
- Perform Advanced Life Support aligned with ANZCOR guidelines.
- Initiate and maintain collaborative relationships with other members of the health care team (on and off site) with confidence and to improve patient outcomes.
Who should attend?
Designed for remote Nurses and GPs, but open to any remote health care workers.
- $1300 for members
- $1,400 others