CRANAplus Advanced Life Support One DayTraining
Join CRANAplus in Alice Springs for the Advanced Life Support one-day course.
The Advanced Life Support Program is based on ANZCOR Guidelines and best practice principles. The course will provide the remote health workforce with the advanced life support skills required in the management of the patient prior, during and after a cardio respiratory arrest with an emphasis on care in the remote and isolated setting.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the important of early recognition of a deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach.
- Deliver standardised adult CPR following the ALS algorithm.
- Manage a cardiac arrest specific to rural and isolated environments.
- Consider the relevant causes of a cardiopulmonary arrest in adults and treat reversible causes.
- Maintain high quality CPR with minimal interruptions.
- Promptly recognise and treat shockable and non-shockable rhythms.
- Understand the post resuscitation care required.
- Demonstrate accurate documentation and communicate a clear concise handover of findings and interventions using the ISBAR approach
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations around ALS
Who should attend?
Designed for Nurses, Midwives, Paramedics, and Medical Officers, but open to any remote health care workers.
- $710 for members
- $810 others