Free Workshop – Silver Rainbow LGBTQIA+ Ageing & Aged Care Training, Darwin
The Office of Gender Equity and Diversity and the Northern Territory AIDS and Hepatitis Council will be delivering free Silver Rainbow *LGBTQIA+ training in Darwin
The training will also include more general information on sexual and gender diversity awareness and inclusion. The aim of this training is to reach workers in the aged care sector and allied services, as well as other interested members of the general public in the Darwin community.
Training will cover:
- Defining LGBTQIA+ communities
- Understanding identity and sexual orientation
- Issues and barriers facing people with diverse genders and sexualities
- Unique needs of older LGBTQIA+ communities
- Impacts of negative attitudes
- The role of the healthcare provider & inclusive practice
- The role of the community in accepting the experience of LGBTQIA+ people
- Fostering partnerships and providing appropriate referral services
- Guidelines and legislation
Silver Rainbow Training is suitable for all workers in the aged care sector; it promotes a better understanding of the needs of LGBTQIA+ people and provides workers with the confidence and knowledge to deliver an inclusive, best practice service. The training will also include other content relevant to the broader public focused on helping participants gain a greater understanding of how best to support members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Places are limited – to book your spot at the training phone (08) 8935 7825 or email: TFHC.OGED@nt.gov.au by Wednesday 18th October 2023 – please also indicate any dietary requirements.
Please pass this information on to those who you think may be interested.
*The term ‘LGBTQIA+’, refers to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Questioning, and other gender non-conforming identities. LGBTQIA+ does not cover the full range of sexualities that people identify as, but it is a helpful term for the broader community.