Mental Health Emergencies Online course – Sponsored NT PHN Places
NT PHN are sponsoring places for NT health professionals to attend the Mental Health Emergencies – Online course delivered by CRANAplus.
About this event:
Expressions of Interest to secure a NT PHN sponsored place at the MHE course. Spaces are limited.
About this course:
- Are you confident of your ability to manage mental health emergencies?
- Would you like to develop your skills in responding to acute mental illness and severe distress?
- Are you required to assist clients who have used substances or alcohol?
The Mental Health Emergencies Online (MHE Online) course is designed to enable remote health staff to develop the knowledge and skills
necessary to respond with confidence when encountering clients presenting with acute mental health issues, substance use, suicidal behavior
or episodes of acute distress.
MHE online delivers the same content from our traditional face-to-face course but allows you to engage from the comfort of home or work,
immerse yourself in the content, engage with other practitioners and ask questions over an 8 week period.
Who is this course for?
The MHE course is designed to meet the learning needs of the remote and isolated health workforce who assess and manage clients with mental health needs, substance use or episodes of acute distress.
The MHE online course is delivered 100% online over a period of 8 weeks, delivering the same content as our traditional courses but using a combination of:
- Self-directed online learning and activities
- Online discussion boards
- 3 live online tutorials
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will have covered:
- Effective communication
- Mental health assessment
- Mental health emergencies – acute distress and acute mental illness
- Managing acute mental disturbance – current best practice in the remote & isolated health context
- Managing acute intoxication and withdrawal – current best practice in the remote & isolated health context
- Self-harm and suicide