NT PHN & National Asthma Council Australia (NAC) Webinar Series: Adult Asthma – What’s New
NT PHN and National Asthma Council Australia (NAC) would like to invite health professionals to the NAC Webinar Series. This series will cover the essentials of best-practice asthma and respiratory management for primary care health professionals.
All Health Professionals are welcome – GPs, Practice Nurses, pharmacists, Aboriginal health practitioners, physiotherapists, and other allied health professionals.
This 1.5 hour session aims to update health professionals on the importance of using the Australian Asthma Handbook to manage with asthma in primary care. It provides up to date, evidence-based asthma management information for treating adolescents and adults.
Under the last series (held 2018-2021), 99% of survey respondents reported the webinar either ‘partially’ or ‘entirely’ met their learning objectives.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify the steps involved in the diagnosis of adult asthma, referring to the Australian Asthma Handbook
- Describe ways to improve and maintain optimal asthma control
- Summarise the current guidelines for medication management
- Summarise the important information to be included in a Written Asthma Action Plan
- Describe the steps in managing acute asthma in primary care
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP): Activity Number: 203777
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM): ID Number: 27072