On Country Cultural Experience
Bush Tucker, Bush Medicine and Artwork from Luritja Country
Flinders NT Regional Training Hub (FNT RTH) is privileged to continue partnering with local Aboriginal families on a cultural retreat at Kurku Homeland, Tempe Downs. Taking learning away from the classroom the program demonstrates culturally safe practices and an understanding of the contextualized skills required to live and work in rural and remote communities.
What will i learn?
- travel through rugged, off-road terrain, Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony by the owner on arrival
- yarning Sessions around the fire with local Elders, understanding cultural traditions, and the fight to win back Land Rights, and Native Title.
- language skills of Luritja language
- visiting areas of cultural significance
- exploring local bush tucker plots, looking for honey-ant, and sampling bush tucker
The experience will create a greater understanding of the culture and traditions of remote Aboriginal communities in Central Australia.
Your 2-day experience includes cultural education, medical education sessions, and outings to stunning natural landscapes.
Relish the opportunity to listen to the stories of local Elders by a campfire.
This has been developed specifically for GPs, GP registrars, doctors (not GP), nurses and both medical and nursing students.
Depart as a group from Alice Springs after 5pm Friday 17 September, returning after 4pm Sunday 19 September.
To be a part of this exciting and wonderful initiative, registration is essential.
Family members and partners 18+ are welcome!
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8951 4726