Responding to Domestic and Family Violence with a Trauma-Informed Lens – Limited places available.
BlueKnot Foundation brings you this free workshop to provide trauma-informed awareness and support for general practitioners and primary care providers.
BlueKnot is the National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma working towards building a trauma-informed professional community through upskilling professionals working in general practice, community health and Aboriginal Health Services.
This training will assist you to:
- Recognise complex trauma and its possible health presentations.
- Discuss how to recognise and respond to disclosures of DFV from a trauma-informed lens and refer appropriately to improve patient health and wellbeing outcomes.
1. Developing an understanding of the types, prevalence, adaptations to and impacts of complex trauma (including domestic and family violence)
2. Identifying possible adult health presentations of complex trauma
3. Recognising symptoms and signs with a trauma-informed lens
4. Determining strategies for working with clients who have experienced complex trauma in short-form consultations, to enhance safety and minimize re-traumatisation.
N.B. Access is only available to those who work in a General Practice, Community Health or Aboriginal Medical Services.
If the course is fully subscribed please consider registering on the waitlist as cancellations do occur.
You will need to provide details about your workplace when you enrol.
For more information about BlueKnot’s training program click here.