Spinal Cord Injury: Networking and GP-Led Education Nhulunbuy
Networking Dinner in Nhulunbuy
Join us for a free networking dinner and guest speaker presentation from Dr Howard Flavell on ‘spinal cord injury’ on Thursday 16 February.
Dr Flavell is a Rehabilitation Medicine physician who has 25 years’ experience working in central and remote Northern Territory. He has a special interest in Traumatic Brain Injury and currently runs a weekly head injury clinic at Palmerston Regional Hospital.
The Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Understand how to assess Level and Type of SCI using the ASIA classification system
- Understand complications of SCI including Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Understand functional outcomes and some compensatory strategies used in SCI patients
NT HealthPathways Resources
Northern Territory HealthPathways offer clinicians clear guidance for assessing and managing a particular symptoms or condition during the point of care. Pathways include information for referrers and requests to services in the local health system.
For supplementary learnings to this event, NT HealthPathways are pleased to share pathways:
- Rehabilitation Medicine Assessment
- Neurosurgery request pages
- Autonomic dysreflexia
- Spinal Cord Impairment
This activity equals 1 hour of CPD
Places are limited, so get in quick and register on the right.