WORLD HEART DAY – Pressure rising: clinical controversies and updates in hypertension – Webinar
This event will be hosted by the Heart Foundation in partnership with the World Heart Federation and the High Blood Pressure Research Council of Australia,
and chaired by Prof. Garry Jennings, Chief Medical Advisor and Interim CEO of the Heart Foundation.
Our global expert panel will discuss:
• Controversies in BP targets and implications for practice post SPRINT trial
• Latest advice for the diagnosis and management of resistant hypertension
• Latest advice on out-of-office blood pressure monitoring
• Digital health tools on the horizon for CVD prevention and monitoring
• Applying new evidence to clinical practice to promote structured CVD prevention strategies
- Prof. Rhian Touyz (International speaker)
Executive Director and Chief Scientific Officer at the Research Institute of McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
- Prof. Markus Schlaich
Dobney Chair in Clinical Research at The University of Western Australia and President of High Blood Pressure Research Council of Australia
- Prof. James Sharman
Deputy Director and Head of the Blood Pressure Research Group at the Menzies Institute for Medical Research, University of Tasmania
- Prof. Nick Zwar
GP and Executive Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine at Bond University
- Prof. Garry Jennings (Chair)
Chief Medical Advisor and Interim CEO of the Heart Foundation
This activity is accredited by the RACGP CPD program for 2 CPD points (Activity no. 295128).
Education provider: Scius Healthcare Solutions.