Wound Management: Advanced Practice – NT PHN subsidised workshop
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULLY SUBSCRIBED
NT PHN has subsidised The Benchmarque Group’s Wound Management workshops to enable this high value opportunity for primary health care practitioners working in non-government organisations.
Support for remote health workers to travel to the workshops may be available via the NT PHN’s Health Workforce Scholarship Funding Program, with grants up to $10,000 available.
Value of the Course
This learning pathway for students covers Advanced Principles of wound assessment and care, identifying appropriate wound treatment, and best practice for compliance in wound swab culture. This course teaches clinical documentation and the importance of report writing with a guide to educating patients, providing continued care and chronic wound prevention.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should have the skills and knowledge to enable them to:
- Accurately identify wound types
- Apply appropriate wound assessment methods to clinical practice
- Identify chronic wound features and associated clinical features including interpretation of wound terminology
- Identify and perform appropriate wound cleansing and debridement methods
- Obtain a compliant wound swab culture using best practice methods
- Make informed appropriate choices of wound dressings based on accurate wound assessment
- Use appropriate documentation and report writing methods to provide patient education, and consistent and ongoing care.
For further information on course content, please visit The Benchmarque Group’s website or email@example.com.