Free 3-day Workshop – Diabetes Care in the Community for Aboriginal Health Practitioners, Darwin
Introduction to the prevention, early detection and management of clients with diabetes in the a primary health care context
This free course is for all Aboriginal Health Practitioners who work with clients with diabetes in a primary health care setting.
The Primary Health Care Outreach Team at Top End Health Service is delivering an interactive and practical 3-day course which will provide Aboriginal Health Workers with sound knowledge of diabetes prevention and management in the community.
At the end of this 3-day workshop participants will:
- Recognise the risk factors for the prevention of diabetes
- Understand how diabetes is detected in the community.
- Understand how diabetes is managed in the community
- Understand diabetes complications, prevention/screening and management.
- NTG Staff – login to MyLearning with your personal NTG account credentials: Apply now
- Non-NTG users – login with your MyLearning account details or apply for a MyLearning account using the Application form for non-departmental staff.
To complete the course participants need to:
- Have full (100%) course attendance, and
- Complete the online course evaluation.
PHC Diabetes Educator TEHS