Health Workforce Scholarship Program
The Health Workforce Scholarship Program (HWSP) is designed to further develop the skills of the Northern Territory's rural and remote health workforce.
Under the program, eligible health professionals can receive up to $20,000 to put toward post-graduate study. Scholarships can be used to cover or partially cover the cost of post-graduate course fees and course-related expenses such as accommodation and transport where appropriate.
Health professionals working in medicine, nursing or allied health, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practitioners, who provide services within a rural or remote primary health care setting are eligible to apply.
For the purpose of the HWSP, rural and remote locations are areas classified as MMM 3-7.
Applications are accepted during specified rounds throughout the year:
- Round 3: Opens Friday 13 March 2020 – closes Sunday 19 April 2020
- Round 4: Opens Friday 8 May 2020 – closes Sunday 7 June 2020.
Bursaries are available year-round for other types of training and upskilling (e.g. conferences, education events or other short courses).
How to apply for a scholarship
- Check your eligibility by reading the Applicant Guidelines;
- Complete the Application Form;
- Collect your supporting documentation;
- Email your completed application to email@example.com before the round closing date.
For more information on scholarships, contact:
Future Workforce Coordinator
t 08 8982 1069