Mala’la Health Service is a respected & accredited Aboriginal Corporation providing services to the seaside community of Maningrida (520 km east of Darwin), with a population of approximately 3,000 people. These services include Primary Health Care, Aged & Community Care, Family & Community Wellness, Drug & Alcohol Services. Mala’la Health Service provides Primary Health Care services to Maningrida and surrounding homelands under a Community Control model.
We have After-Hours Remote Area Nurse positions available in a two-weeks on, two-weeks off FIFO arrangement based at the Manayingkarirra Primary Health Care Centre in Maningrida.
To be a successful applicant, you will be able to promote and provide comprehensive, culturally appropriate client centred after hours care to the population of the Maningrida Community and the surrounding Outstations.
Your role is to provide client access to medical advice, assessments and emergency response for Maningrida Community outside of clinic opening hours. Through this unique opportunity you will be part of an innovative model of after-hours service delivery in a remote setting. We are seeking to move away from the ‘emergency only’ standard of remote after-hours care and provide additional access to clinical services for advice and consultation in a very remote location. You will have to opportunity to be part of shaping, developing and evaluating a novel approach through a pilot program.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Current AHPRA registration
- Triage Certificate
- Current BLS (annual), ALS (2 years), REC (or equivalent), Recognised Immunisation Provider Certificate
- Minimum 5 years broad nursing experience post registration with minimum 3 years working in a Primary Health related field in a remote context
- Current Driver Licence
- Current NT Working with Children Clearance
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check
What’s In It for You?
- Excellent Salary of $130,000 gross per annum
- Great work-life balance
- Entitlement to a Retention Allowance (pro-rata)
- Salary Packaging options