- Alice Springs based Aboriginal Medical Service
- Dates available from mid-December 2023 onwards
- Daily rate $1500
- $1000 placement bonus for working 20 days
- $400 travel bonus
- All travel, transport and accommodation provided
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) are one of the most experienced Aboriginal primary health care services in the country, a strong political advocate of closing the gap on Aboriginal health disadvantage and a national leader in improving health outcomes for all Aboriginal people.
Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory, providing a comprehensive, holistic and culturally-appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including five remote communities.
Congress are currently seeking experienced Locum general practitioners for their Alice Springs Town Clinics.
- Amoonguna Clinic – mid-December 2023 to January 2024
- Alice Springs Town Clinics – from 08 January 2024 onwards
- Minimum of 3 weeks placements
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Wednesdays – 9:30am to 5:00pm
Transportation and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN/RWA NT
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided on placement by the health service (limited after hours access of vehicle)
- This clinic uses Communicare, with orientation provided if required
Eligibility to Apply:
- Must have current non-restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and general practice specialistion
- Experience working in Aboriginal Health highly advantageous
‘The Alice’ is the second largest town in the Territory with more than 25.000 people calling it home. The town has all the amenities, with shopping malls, schools and recreational activities available.
The area draws tourist interest due to the town of Alice Springs and the impressive natural attractions in the area such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events such as the Camel Cup.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Private Practices and Aboriginal Medical Services across the NT. Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, please contact Bonita on 08 8982 1096 or email email@example.com.