- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service
- Dates from January 2024 to June 2024
- $1400 per day
Katherine West Health Board are currently seeking experienced GP Locums to cover vacancies for their Lajamanu clinic.
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- The GP Locum will not be required to do any on call work or P/H
- 2 January 2024 to 1 March 2024
- 1 April 2024 to 24 May 2024
- 24 June 2024 onwards
- 3-4 weeks minimum placement
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided while on placement by the health service
- The vehicle will be available for use outside of work hours
- A manual driver’s license and four-wheel drive skills will be required
- Non restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and General Practice Specialisation is essential
- Cultural awareness and experience working with Indigenous patients essential
The community of Lajamanu has a population of approximately 1,000 people. Lajamanu is situated around 560km from Katherine and is approximately 890km from Darwin.
The access road (Buntine Highway) has restricted load limits after heavy rain but is rarely cut. Washouts can occur on Lajamanu Road during the wet season.
For more information about a GP locum opportunity, please contact Bonita on 08 8982 1096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.