- Daily rate $1500
- Yirrkala – East Arnhem Land
- Dates available from 4 December 2023 to 29 March 2024
- Minimum 2 week placements
Miwatj Health is currently seeking an experienced specialist general practitioner locum for their Yirrkala Health Centre. This is also a permanent opportunity and a great opportunity to explore the role with a “Try Before You Buy” Locum placement.
Miwatj Health’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of residents of the communities of East Arnhem Land through the delivery of appropriate and comprehensive primary health care and to promote the control by Aboriginal communities of primary health care resources.
This position is responsible to provide medical services to the population served by Miwatj Health. This will include the management of acute and chronic conditions and assistance with the delivery and promotion of primary health care in the community of Yirrkala.
GPs are able to access additional clinical support by contacting other Miwatj GPs, or contacting Royal Darwin Hospital to discuss cases or clinical issues with the relevant specialist registrar or consultant.
- 4 December 2023 to 22 December 2023
- 25 March 2024 to 29 March 2024 (NT travel only)
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- No on call, call outs or public holiday work
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN (conditions apply)
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided while on placement by the health service
Patient Record System
- This clinic uses Communicare
- Orientation provided
Eligibility to Apply
- Current non-restricted specialist registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellow of RACGP or ACCRM
- General practice specialisation is essential
- Aboriginal Health experience essential
Yirrkala is on the east coast of the Gove peninsula in north-east Arnhem Land, 25 km south of Nhulunbuy and has a population of around 850 people.
Yolngu Matha is the main language in Yirrkala, but there are different dialects. Yolngu (Aboriginal person) is the name of a group of intermarrying clans who live in the three main townships of Milingimbi, Yirrkala and Galiwin’ku and their surrounding homelands, and whose members speak a dialect of one of a number of closely related languages.
There are amazing locations to explore around Yirrkala, including the Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre and Museum, excellent fishing, stunning sunrises and sunsets to be in awe of.
For more information about this excellent opportunity, please contact Bonita on 08 8982 1096 or email email@example.com.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Aboriginal Medical Services and Private Practices across the NT. Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!